Dutch Blitz

Monday, May 09, 2005

Being A Part of Community

Hey Everyone!

Well, I'm loving this beautiful day! It's a gorgeous sunny day, that's warm enough for shorts! Lastnight we had some friends over last night after church. We had such a great time! The kids had a great time too playing together! I think sometimes we think we are islands unto ourselves and forget we have a great big community of others who love the Lord and want to be encouraged and in turn encourage us. We need eachother so much and we don't even realize it at times. I find we get so wrapped up in our own little lives that we forget about everyone else out there.

I remember when I was a kid we went to someone's house every Sunday or someone came to ours. Sometimes it wasn't even planned ahead of time to have someone over for Sunday lunch. At times if you can believe it, we would just have soup and bread together and the house may even not have been perfectly clean!! We worry too much these days about having a perfectly tidied house, perfectly decorated house and the perfectly elegant meal. I'm certainly guilty of being consumed by those things. It was great and we loved it. My parents were also doing this with young kids, so no excuses everyone! It can be done! We learned when we were kids to sleep anywhere and my parents still could have a social life.

Well, just something to think about.

Catcha later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home